Romans 15:4-6, 13

"For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope."

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Work...class...nothing really...

So I am at work. And I was reading an intensely good introduction to a highly recommended book. If the introduction is this good, I can't wait to start the actual text. Anyway, I was a couple pages in, already wanting to highlight things, and someone comes into my work. They need me to sign them in, so I do. And then I start thinking...what if I blog today? Weird thought, I know. (Sidenote: Does that mean I'm addicted to blogging?)

So then I wonder what I would possibly blog about since my day has been uneventful. But then I thought about it and, really, my day has been very eventful! So I'm gonna share some of those events with you.

1 - I woke up. This in itself was a miracle considering I had about 4 hours of sleep. Don't ask, I couldn't fall asleep for whatever reason. Not only did I wake up, I was actually able to stand on my own two feet without falling over from exhaustion!

2 - In my 8 AM class, our class for Thursday was cancelled! All because our professor didn't want to give us the quiz scheduled and wanted us to have extra time to work on our project/a day off. I like her :)

3 - In my Intro to Stats class, we found out we still have to take an entrance exam (which we weren't supposed to have to take) but that our professor is going to just teach us the type of math which will be on the exam! (It's not stats...random, I know) So now we're reviewing in each class to prepare for an exam. It's pretty sweet.

4 - In my 11 AM class, Global Studies, my professor was speaking right to my heart. So much of what he said has been laid on my heart recently by God. It was such confirmation in many things. Also, he and I set up a time to have lunch so we can discuss seminaries! I'm so stoked!!

5 - I had a good conversation with my team leader. He gave me some good info about the Greek class here on campus which I really want to take. Honestly, I'm just sick of reading my Bible and always having to read "The original Greek word was "_______" which means "________"." It gets rather annoying. I'd rather just read it in the original language. (The New Testament, anyway)

6 - I'm now at work but I am very excited for some books that I'm going to buy. Every year, when spring semester hits, so does a reading frenzy in my heart. Haha. But really, it's true. I start reading like crazy. So I found some great books on recommendation from my philosophy professor who will also be my apologetics professor next fall.

7 - After this, I have some quick free time to relax. Later this evening I am meeting with my pastor's wife because she and I are starting a mentorship and we start this week! I honestly couldn't be more excited! :)

So that's my day so far (and later this evening) in a nutshell. All it takes to be optimistic is to look for God's blessings; they're everywhere. :)

No comments: