Romans 15:4-6, 13

"For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope."

Friday, March 21, 2008

Laughter is contagious

So today is Friday...tomorrow is Saturday, Sunday is Easter (yay!), and then Monday is my last day off before crunch time. I think this is the first time in my life I've EVER dreaded the weekend.

Today was, yet again, a day for baseball. Don't get me wrong, I love going. I love the game. :) So we get there (AAA team) and we're just chillin, having some fun. Stewart (48 on the Oklahoma Redhawks) was up to bat. Then two innings later, he was up again. Pretty fast to go through the whole line up but, whatev. At least they were getting hits, right? This time around, he got hit with the ball. Of course, the Padres fans were blaming him: "Did you see that? He leaned into it!" I'm sure...just like I would jump in front of an oncoming car so it would hit me...right.

So we leave after Stewart is done for the game and on the way home, aka the campground, we stop at a Fry's Marketplace to pick up some food and look for a tablecloth. None of this sounds interesting to me, so I waited in the car...with my uncle...oh yeah, and three dogs. So I'm doing my own thing, texting my friend Sarah Jane, and just sitting there.

My uncle laughs. Weird. I have NEVER heard him laugh the way he just did. In fact, I don't know if I've heard him laugh all week. Weird. But funny. Then I start giggling. But I have to keep it to myself. I can't just start laughing out loud and have to explain that I'm laughing at his laugh...but I giggled none the less. It felt good. Last night and today were slightly stressful so, laughing was a great release.

Little Life Lesson: Laughter is contagious, so laugh on. :)

No comments: