Romans 15:4-6, 13

"For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope."

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Training day: I've lost track

As most of you know, I have another blog. That one is by far more structured than this will ever be...but sometimes I just have hilarious stories or just thoughts that I want to ramble about...hence the reason I have created this one...

Today is Thursday. Day...who knows...of Spring Training. I know it's been my fourth day straight at a baseball game...more games than I've ever been to in a row before. But that's beside the point.

Today was a AAA game for my family...

We were sitting in the (shaded...pansies haha) bleachers at the Mariner's field just minding our own business. Of course, I'm speaking for my whole family when I should just be speaking for myself. I was minding my own business when this kid sits down in the row behind me and over a few people-spaces.

He starts talking to the people sitting in the same row as me and at first I was completely disinterested. Then I realized, he's talking about the Rangers. (Disclaimer: I'm a Dodgers fan by inheritance and a Rangers fan by loyalty...both teams are pretty hated at CBU but whatev. Dodgers all the way!) Then I began my horrible habit of eavesdropping. Actually it's not really a habit. I normally tune people out but once you heard this kid, there was no way of tuning him out...

So he's talking about how he's been working for the Rangers for 5 or 6 years, blah blah blah. Sure, I'm sure he's interesting, has interesting stories, and has a blast, but really, he can get over himself. Shoot, I'm related to one but that doesn't mean I'm someone special. But wait, he's got some good stories as far as I can tell...maybe I'll just listen a little more.

Well something must've distracted me...I think it was my cousin coming up to bat...cuz I suddenly realize I've sat back down, the game is over, and he's leaving...weird. I can't remember a real word he's said. Oh well, maybe better luck next time.

So the game is over, I see my cousin, and I head toward him. First words out of his mouth? "Don't forget to bake those brownies!" Right. Just another reminder. I'm nobody special just cuz I'm related to one.

I'm special because God is the one who created me and I was created in His image. :) (which means you're special, too)

1 comment:

carly said...

you're so cute hahaha. i love it. and you.