Romans 15:4-6, 13

"For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope."

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

little blessings

God truly did bless us with children, didn't He?

This summer, I am spending most of my time babysitting. I babysit for four different families. It comes out to a total of 10 kids this summer. They are all absolutely adorable (I haven't met 2 but I'm convinced they are) and such little blessings. Huge, actually, but they themselves are little.

Today I worked with a little boy named Brayden who was absolutely wonderful. He likes to play and talk and just have fun! He showed me how fast he can go on his tricycle as well as on his scooter. He hid behind me when we had a water fight. He showed me all his Star Wars toys. Also, he told me a scene by scene synopsis of Peter Pan. This kid was awesome.

His older brother Kyle is a blast, also. Kyle started the water fight with his friend Luke; Kyle also finished the water fight once I was thoroughly soaked (because I didn't have a water gun).

All in all, it was an awesome afternoon. Brayden sat down with me to eat his snack and told me which was his favorite, what color it was, and that the ground is dirty. Really, could you ask for more?

Don't ever take people for granted. Even when they're older and can be big pains (sometimes), they are blessings. Children capture God's playful side best as far as I'm concerned. I definitely saw that in 5 little boys today. :)

No comments: