Romans 15:4-6, 13

"For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope."

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Brought to tears

This may seem like an out of the ordinary post...

Or just something you didn't expect...

Or maybe something you did expect. I really don't know...

Lately (about the last three weeks) Christ has really been softening my heart to Him and His word more and more. Growing up, my mom has always told me I have a soft heart to God's commands and the Holy Spirit. She says she has always seen that in me. Anyway, it has become softer.

Anytime I really sit down to spend time in God's word, I have been brought to tears by all that He has done...all that He does...all that He has promised to do in me. God's glory is so obvious in our lives but so often, in the past, I have bypassed it and never really paid much attention.

Not only has He brought me to tears multiple times in the last few weeks...He has also brought me to stand for my belief in Him. I have been fighting temptations left and right. I have never noticed how prevalent temptations are in my life!! They are everywhere! It is only by the grace of God that I walk away from them. Apart from Him I can do nothing. (John 15:6) Is that not so true?

No comments: